Here you can find practical information concerning the Kick-In.
What is the Kick-In?
The Kick-In is the introduction time of the University of Twente. The Kick-In takes nine days and consists of two parts: a general Kick-In and your study-related programme. The Kick-In 2021 will take place from Wednesday, the 25th of August, until Thursday, the 2nd of September.
Both the general Kick-In and the study-related programme are very useful for the rest of your study, so make sure you are available for the entire period! Please bear in mind that the Kick-In continues during the weekend. It is recommended to be in Enschede during the Kick-In, for an optimal experience!
We take care of the following:
You should take care of the following:
In order to optimally experience the Kick-In, there are certain aspects that you should do.
- Subscribe yourself for the Kick-In. This is possible from the 14th of June on.
- Take care of a place to sleep during the Kick-In.
- Arrange a bike, you can also arrange this together with your subscription for the Kick-In.
- Make sure you know what to do before attending a 'Testing before Entry' activity.
- [Optional] Get a UnionCard: The UnionCard is the card for sports and culture at the UT. With the UnionCard you can get a discount on a lot of different activities in Enschede. You can swim in the whole Enschede for free, play tennis or squash for free and use music studios for free. You can also become a member of one or more of the 39 sports associations and 22 performing arts associations. With the UnionCard you can also purchase a subscription for the Sports Centre on Campus. For more information, you can visit the website: https://su.utwente.nl/en/unioncard/
Attendance at the Facility Market is highly recommended for international students. During the online sessions, you will receive important information to help you prepare for your stay in the Netherlands. You will find out about the various facilities, services, and student associations the UT has to offer, such as the library, student counseling, on-campus medical services, Notebook services, and Erasmus Student Network. You will also have the opportunity to ask a Student Services Officer, Visa Officer, and Aon Insurance Officer all your questions. Please ensure you can attend the sessions (on the 11th and 26th of August). To register and find more information, visit Facility Market.
More information regarding the coronavirus can be found here.