Here you can find practical information concerning the Kick-In.
What is the Master Kick-In?
The Kick-In is the introduction period at the University of Twente. The Master Kick-In takes 5 days and consists of two parts: the general Kick-In and your study-related programme. The general Kick-In will take place from 28 August until 1 September. The study-related programme is from 30 August until 31 August.
During the general Kick-In, you will participate in various activities that will give you an impression of what you can expect as a student at the University of Twente and what opportunities await you. Besides getting to know your first friends, you will get to know the University of Twente, the campus and the city of Enschede. In other words, you will be familiarised with the environment where you are about to live and study. There is also the possibility to arrange formalities such as a bicycle.
You will be divided into groups with students from your own study or faculty, with whom you will participate in various activities.
The study-related programme is mainly focused on your studies. You will get detailed information about your studies, you can meet your study association, there is an opportunity to purchase study materials and you will receive your study schedule. You will be informed about this session by the management of your study.
Both the general Kick-In and the study-related programme are very useful for the rest of your studies, so make sure you are available for the entire period! It is also highly recommended to be in Enschede during the Kick-In, for an optimal experience!
We take care of the following:
The entrance fee for the Master Kick-In is 40 euros. Keep in mind that you may have to pay for additional drinks etc. So, it might be possible that there are other costs for food and drinks, next to the entrance fee, when participating in the Kick-In.
You should take care of the following:
In order to optimally experience the Kick-In there are certain aspects that you should do.
- Subscribe yourself for the Kick-In.
- Make sure you have a place to stay during the Kick-In.
- Arrange a bike for transport. There is the possibility to purchase bike during the Kick-In.
- Make sure you know what the current corona measures are and what you should do to be able to attend the Kick-In.
- [Optional] Get a UnionCard: The UnionCard is the card for sports and culture at the UT. With the UnionCard you can get a discount on a lot of different activities in Enschede. You can swim in the whole Enschede for free, play tennis or squash for free and use music studios for free. You can also become a member of one or more of the 39 sports associations and 22 performing arts associations. With the UnionCard you can also purchase a subscription for the Sports Centre on Campus. For more information, you can visit the website: https://su.utwente.nl/en/unioncard/
The Facility Market consists of two parts and attendance on both days is highly recommended for international students. The first session will take place online, on the 14 July 2022. During this session, you will receive all the information necessary to prepare for your stay in the Netherlands. This includes information about administrative and visa matters, housing, public transport, language courses and Notebook services. In the second session, on the 29 August 2022 at the Vrijhof on the campus of University of Twente, you will hear about the various facilities and services the University of Twente has to offer. You can register and find more information here.